INTAKE 2020 INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/CARERS
We do welcome you to our Townsend Community and hope that within this area of the website under Transition you will find all the information that you need for you and your child to make a successful and smooth transition to Townsend.
Please be assured that as a community we fully recognise and appreciate that for this particular cohort there may be additional anxieties, that they and you have missed out on an additional visit to the school, that your child has not had chance to experience life at a secondary school by attending a transition day and that your child has not met their form tutor peers face to face. We also recognise that our very mixed cohort will all be arriving at Townsend with many different experiences and memories of the last five months – some positive and some negative.
All these elements will inform our planning for September.
In the meantime, do read through all the pages of this Transition section. In many cases share the reading with your child as most of the information will relate to you both.
General Information about Townsend
- [Download not found]
Uniform – including information from Stevensons about appointments
Home School Agreement
- Home-School-Agreement.pdf (349KB)
- Learning-Expectations.pdf (348KB)
Behaviour for Learning framework
- Attendance.pdf (366KB)
Literacy and Accelerated Reader
Privacy Notice for Parents/Carers
Privacy Notice for Pupils
- Privacy-Notice-for-pupils.pdf (325KB)
Internet Acceptable Use Statement
School Meals and Library System
Fact sheet for FSM
- FSM-factsheet.pdf (263KB)
Parentmail /Schoolcomms (weekly email communication home about school activities and other information)
- Parentmail-and-Schoolcomms.pdf (416KB)
- Does your child want to start or continue music lessons at school in September? Hertfordshire Music Service are still your school’s preferred provider of music lessons and we are now managing enrolment and billing.
- Visit http://www.hertsmusicservice.org.uk/registeronline for more information and details on how to enrol for lessons. Registrations will be open from late July. We look forward to making music a part of everyone’s life as they return to school in September.
St Albans Music School
- As you may be aware, Townsend works in partnership with St Albans Music School, who run instrumental music lessons, groups, rock schools and music theatre sessions on site outside school hours. Townsend pupils are able to access many of these free-of-charge through our partnership. Whilst some activities may be placed on hold in September, we hope that, once face-to-face learning is fully resumed, your son/daughter will consider participating in some of these activities.
WE WILL BE SENDING FORMS THAT NEED TO READ SIGNED AND RETURNED TO SCHOOL BY POST WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TOWARDS THE END OF JULY. WE ARE ENCLOSING A STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE THAT YOU CAN USE TO RETURN THE FORMS.THANK YOU
- Student Emotional Well-being
- Parent/Carer and Student Consent Form
- Image Consent Form
- Online Acceptable agreement and IT home learning information
- Notification of child’s medical condition or allergy and parental/carer agreement for school to administer medicine
If you haven’t returned the Student Personal Detail Sheet– please can you include this with the above. Thank you