There is a comprehensive programme in place for all sixth form students, this includes advice and guidance on Universities, Apprenticeships and Jobs and their applications.
Support is offered by heads of 6th form, Connexions and Blue Arrow in the form of mock interviews, filling out application forms and help and guidance in finding the right path to take.
- The YC Hertfordshire work experience programme supports students looking for work placements – http://hcc.learnaboutwork.net
- Information about summer schools, taster courses, special events, UCAS exhibitions, studying abroad fairs. www.ychertfordshire.org
- www.gov.uk education and learning pages (includes info on student finance)
- www.prospects.ac.uk for information on careers for graduates and ‘What Can I Do with a degree in ….?’
- www.ychertfordshire.org especially the jobs page for those seeking work and the employers page with opportunities for school leavers page for those seeking apprenticeships training and sponsored degrees/degree apprenticeships
- www.apprenticeships.gov.uk for information about traineeships and apprenticeships, including degree apprenticeships
- www.whichuniversity.co.uk for advice and information on university applications
- www.opendays.com for information on university open days