WHAT IS THE PEDAGOGY THAT UNDERLINES TEACHING AT TOWNSEND?
Townsend Teaching 5
What makes good teaching at the school?
Everything we do in the classroom is underpinned by the school’s values
Respect for all
Achievement for all
At Townsend we do not believe there is only way to deliver a great lesson. We have used research and professional experience to develop a rigorous Teaching and Learning Pedagogy.
With this in mind we have developed Townsend Teaching 5, which forms the basis of teaching at our school. This is to provide a learning environment where all children can achieve.
THE TOWNSEND TEACHING 5
‘FACES’: OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES IN EVERY LESSON:
- Feedback & Assessment(feedback not marking policy/questioning)
- Autonomy (Thinking Hard Strategies/Thinking hard for Memory/ Independent learning)
- Curriculum (A curriculum that is right for the students at Townsend)
- Engagement (Teacher modelling/explanation/pedagogical practice(s) and active student learning/Climate for Learning)
- Support & Challenge (Challenging/teaching to the top and meeting needs of all students/differentiation, scaffolding/closing the gap for PP students)
All enhanced by our increasing use of technology in the classroom.