Sixth Form students act as role models to younger students at Townsend Church of England School. As part of this, Sixth Form students are expected to adhere to the following dress code.
Students are expected to dress in clothes suitable for a professional environment.
- Smart collared shirt
- Smart shirt/blouse
- Tailored long trousers or skirt
- Dark leather shoes
- Cardigan or jumper (optional)
- Plain/patterned top
- Tailored jacket (optional)
Example of unacceptable dress
- Any clothes with logos
- Cargo/combat trousers
- Trousers with additional external
- Sports wear
- Shorts or 3/4 length trousers
- Jeans, or denim of any type
- Trainers (including Vans/Converse), canvas shoes and sandals
- Hooded tops
- Tops that are unduly revealing / vest tops
- Leggings or any type of skin tight trouser
If a student is unsure about the suitability of any type of dress, they should check with the Head of Sixth Form before wearing it to school.
Students who fail to adhere to this dress code will be given a warning. If they then fail to follow it again, they will be sent home and expected to catch up with any missed work.
A record of warnings and students being sent home will be maintained and reference to this will be made when the school is asked to complete references or asked for other information by future employers or further education establishments.